According to Infor Support (Infor Xtreme), Effective March 1st, 2019, Infor plans to stop providing discrepancy corrections and updates for the Lawson Security as Security Token Services (LS as STS) authentication mechanism for providing single sign-on (SSO) services to the Infor Lawson version 10 solution.
After March 1st, Infor customers run the risk of encountering issues in their environments that will require switching to Microsoft AD FS. While you can still run v10.0.9 and under with LS as STS, any updates involving security components will not work.
Did you know that Infor strongly recommends partnering with an Infor Certified Partner while executing the transition?
There are multiple configurations possible in switching to AD FS. Reach out to ClearSky today and allow our experts to recommend which configuration would work best for your organization.
Check out some of our FAQs that we have put together, below:
- Will we need to operate on any of our authorization roles?
- No, ADFS does not affect the authorizations of the applications, authorizations will remain the same. Roles are for authorization, not authentication. ADFS affects authentication.
- Will this impact our set up across other Infor Applications?
- Actually, LS as STS is only utilized for Infor Lawson products. AD FS will serve as your access point across all Infor Applications.
- How long does this process typically take for ClearSky?
- Process time can vary, ClearSky has typically been able to switch one environment in under 40 hours, then mimic each additional environment at a much quicker pace. Contact us to perform an evaluation and estimate on your current environments for a more accurate quote.
- What are the advantages of moving from LS STS to ADFS?
- Fix for the timeout issues inherent in LS STS. There are cases where the timeout is not synchronized across all applications even when explicitly set, thus resulting in various screen issues.
- Lawson will no longer get/process passwords. Authentication will be done BEFORE gh0
- Ease of setting-up two-factor authentication for added security.
- If you decide to host some applications with Infor (e.g. CloudSuite Financials) and keep some on-premise (e.g. Global Human Resource), you can use the same users and authentication to login to both.
- What will the ADFS log in process look like?
Interested in reading our additional FAQs? Check them out here: https://clearskyerp.com/adfs-switch/
For more information about how ClearSky can help you succeed with this project, or any of your Infor Lawson projects, give us a call at 612.746.4070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.